Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#54720 Let me be the first to give the ooooooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! ;) looks great man! good work! The single label does wonders for it actually the larger letters for HRS MIN SEC make it easier on the eyes as well.
By russm
#54724 Thanks!

FYI on using a Lexan or other plastic as a front bezel with meters. Plastic has A LOT of static! It will skew your meters. I was able to bleed most of it off but tomorrow I will use a dryer sheet strip to eliminate the static. This is a trick I learned when reloading shot gun shells for trap and skeet, hanging a dryer sheet strip in the powder reservoir eliminates the powder sticking and messing up the amount dropped into a shell. The same will work for the front bezel. Also, Lexan is scary to cut using power tools, eye protection is a MUST!
By forlotto
#54783 Yes lexan I use a band saw or table saw with the correct blade for cutting plastics normally have more teeth dependent on size. Cutting plastics on a compound miter saw I have seen this blow up into pieces many times we seem to get that gung hoe new employee rather often and just as soon as I see it bang there it goes. a slow cut with a piece of scrap wood always helps when cutting with this thank goodness for safety glasses at this point and time indeed. Lexan is pretty useful stuff though...

You can bend it in a break without even having to heat it up at 90 degree angles I have worked with a ton of it. We have a laser cutter at work as well to help with the cutting but some of the stuff we have used lexan for was pretty genius.

Cool tip about the static.

There is a cleaner out there that we use for this purpose it is called brillanize it gets rid of the static for quite a while comes in handy http://www.abcplastics.com/shop/accesso ... -container a little bit goes a long way.