Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Electroguard
#56981 Yeah, got it Ardhuru, and tried it... very nice, just as per your screenshot, except no temp being displayed etc cos no appropriate ESP hardware connected.

And guess what - I might even do the hardware for it... cos even as it stands, your app could be great for me to use with my ambulance to camper conversion, which has a mind of its own and keeps central-locking by itself.

I posted in Hardware last night about a low voltage ESP relay board which seems suitable for 12v vehicle use - well I already ordered a couple, and it seems that with your app it might be easy to do authenticated central-unlocking of the camper from the phone, as well as knowing the interior temp. And I can think of a few other useful things to be monitoring and controlling for it by phone, such as turning off the lights and TV without getting out of bed, and receiving outside activity PIR alert alarms during the night (we were gassed and robbed once, it aint gonna happen again).

It gives me great encouragement to get my 'bag of bits' working, cos that should offer all the networked hardware control side of things, and I am now really optimistic about B4A having potential to create a very decent front end user interface for it all. Your app already adds keyboard authentication security, and shows it's possible to display any data being monitored, so I doubt it's any problem to display as many open/closed door and on/off lamp icons etc as are needed, and presumably it's possible to have different control pages for different areas etc.

If B4A gives access to the phones resources it may even be possible to add location-based authentication - perhaps using GPS coordinates or proximity to paired bluetooth devices etc - so that you'd only need to enter keyboard security authentication if you were 'out of bounds'.

I'm really looking forward to getting my bag of bits assembled into something usable and seeing how far ESP_Basic can be coaxed out into the real world.
By ardhuru
#56982 Great! I'm happy you found the app useful. Incidentally, the temperature indication window is also a button. It acts like a cancel button, if you punch in a wrong password key and want to start again. I'll probably change its color to make it stsnd out.

Designing great looking guis is very easy with B4A. Its writing code that would take some learning, but they have plenty of examples to get you started.

I think ESP8266Basic and B4A make a very powerful combination (Thanks again, Mike!)
By SURbyte
#57545 I don't understand the goal of this thread.
This is an open community who shares experiences and data.
I found an apk in a rar file.
You commented your ESP code at beginning of the topic but i can´t find source B4A and source ESP code.
Community grows with people who shares, and if you post something wich have issues, someone will help you.
But tell me, what can a newbie learn with this topic?
Something is missing. Your codes.

PD: Sorry if i don´t find your files and you really have uploaded them.
By Electroguard
#57587 SURbyte, don't vent your frustrations on people who are kind enough to offer you something for free just because you don't know what it is or how to use it... that is your fault, not theirs.

ardhuru has posted his ESP_Basic code and the matching android app he created for it - both of which you said you found - so you already have exactly the project he was posting about... therefore what more are you wanting and expecting? the Basic4Android software he purchased to make the android app he's given you for free? the Windows software he used to run it on?

For you to complain about no ESP source code, after seeing his script, shows you have not even flashed an ESP device with ESP_Basic yet. And that is fine, because everybody has to meet new things for a first time, but not everybody has the bad manners to start shouting from ignorance rather than looking around first or politely asking for advice.

You can get ESP instructions and source code from here:-
http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4902