Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By trackerj
Electroguard wrote:Only got it this afternoon, so not had time to do anything other than quickly do a program to get it working then post it up.
Here's how I wired it to my Ser Dev Kit 202 module using it's 5v (battery input) pin.
Simply a matter of module output (yellow)to esp gpio12 input, and the 0v and 5v supplies of course.

Works well so far - reliably detects my body from 4 m across the room, and can detect just a finger movement on the desk, and so far it has not detected any false positive movements, unlike PIRs which detect swirling hot air currents and lethal dog farts.
PIRs detect heat from bare skin such as each end of an animal, but its not too hard to insulate oneself to defeat PIR detection.
These Radar detectors receive the bounced back signal that gets reflected from metal or water, and even cats are basically bags of water, but I think I saw something about reducing sensitivity using a resistor, although I'm not 100% sure.

I've got a tractor clutch to replace and also need to come up with my own air suspension sensor arrangement for my ex-ambulance camper, but when I get the chance I want to try adding a radar sensor into a pir sensor to see how effective that combination might be for giving reliable sensitivity without false triggers.

I've seen mention of the fact that radar sensors can detect movement from under the table and behind windows etc, which should be very useful for creating weatherproof external sensors.
It also means it should be possible to create covert sensors that don't advertise their presence to potential undesirables.
Much experimenting to be done.

Definitely an interesting device to play with. I've seen on ebay device related pictures and looks that the module has a 3.3V pin on it. Any specific reason that you choose to use 5V? Or is something else about.

By Electroguard
#67184 Image

Portable fully enclosed version able to see through waterproof plastic box.

Needed to create a makeshift red/green web-sockets indicator from a meter component to show in browser when triggered, also added a triggers count.

All just quick and temporary for evaluation, but very encouraging so far.

Edit: just seen the previous question... yes TJ, I tried connecting the modules 3.3v to the esp's 3.3v but it didn't work because the modules 3.3v pin is only a 3.3v output when theres a 4v to 28v input on Vin - it's not an external regulator supplying the chip, it's actually built in to the chip itself.

Edit 2: Wow, very impressed - both modules enclosed in that weatherproof box and powered by a single-cell 3.7v lipo then placed on the boot of the car, yet still showing reliable people movement triggers on the mobile phones browser out past 8 or 9 meters, and cat movements at 3 to 5 meters.

Code: Select allmemclear
sensorpin = 12 ' from Radar module OUTput
alertpin = 13 'to LED indicator
alerts = 0
warning = 0
warningcss = "background: red;width:90px;height:60px"
meter warning, 0,10
cssid htmlid(), warningcss
html "<BR><BR>"
textbox alerts
cssid htmlid(), "width:90px;"
interrupt sensorpin, [TRIGGERED]
wait

[TRIGGERED]
if io(laststat,sensorpin) = 1 then
 io(po,alert,0)
alerts = alerts + 1
 warning = 0
else
 io(po,alert,1)
 warning = 10
endif
wait

Edit 3: Changed the code to make things bigger and clearer, and it works fine, but now suffers from intermittent quantum weirdness would you believe (it's still only 23 lines).
Code: Select allmemclear
sensorpin = 12 ' from Radar module OUTput
alertpin = 13 'to LED indicator
alerts = 0
warning = 0
warningcss = "background: red;width:100%;height:90%"
meter warning, 0,10
cssid htmlid(), warningcss
html "<BR><BR>"
textbox alerts
cssid htmlid(), "margin:auto;width:100%;text-align:center;font-size:30px;color:blue;"
interrupt sensorpin, [TRIGGERED]
wait

[TRIGGERED]
if io(laststat,sensorpin) = 1 then
 io(po,alert,0)
alerts = alerts + 1
 warning = 0
else
 io(po,alert,1)
 warning = 10
endif
wait
By Electroguard
#67198 F.Y.I.
The guy who created the wifi deauther project has now organised for accompanying hardware.

Although I don't advocate malicious use of the deauther wifi disrupter (there is no other use), the new self-contained esp hardware could be handy for other purposes.
Not particularly cheap at 25$, but where else can you get an esp board with integral oled display and lipo battery compartment.

Bung it into a watertight box along with a radar module, stick a cheapo solar panel on the outside to keep the lipo charged, and you could have a wire-free unobtrusive movement data logger/alarm that might last indefinitely.

Supplier details are in the notes under his video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w81fNaJDJFw