Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Electroguard
#68043 I'm only used the radar sensors Vin from the 5v pin of the Wemos D1 Mini.
Also similarly from the 5v (input) pin of the Ser Dev Kit 202 module.
Basically, any module with 5v usb connector is probably going to have a 5v pin somewhere - even if originally intended as an alternative 5v input - but will still connect to the usb 5v.

The 3v3 pin is actually just a low current 3.3v output (not input - I've tried!) which is not sufficient to power an esp, so is not really useful for much.

I have had such impressive results with the module that I haven't yet felt the need to seek max performance, although I would expect that range and sensitivity could be increased even more by raising the modules supply voltage... but that would introduce the need for level-matching (can get away with 5v ok)
By danbicks
#68062 I was pretty certain that output switched voltage was always 3.3v or there about even when supplied from 12 volt vin, range is defo extended. I will get hooked up to a scope and test at some point. Would be awesome to see how far these little gems can be pushed :)

Great work Electro

Dans
By Electroguard
#68070 Ok, here's a question for you:
If a single radar sensor has a reflected range of 25m, would that range be...

a. Improved
b. Worsened
c. Make no difference

if a second sensor was added a few inches away from the first?
So what do you think - and don't cheat! ... guess your answer now before looking for me to tell you.

Well, I had to find out didn't I, so I opened out the petals of another folding cauliflower blanching dish to create a radar reflector, then tie-wrapped an esp module plus 2 radar sensors side by side (insulated in some loose thin foam packing) a couple of inches apart.
I've included the modified program below, which simply defines 2 different interrupt pins, both of which branch to the same interrupt handler routine to trigger the same red or green indicator.
Right, you can find the results at the bottom...
Code: Select allmemclear
sensorpin1 = 5 ' from Radar 1 module OUTput
sensorpin2 = 4 ' from Radar 2 module OUTput
alertpin = 12 'to LED indicator (RED on my RGB led)
okpin = 15 ' (GREEN on my RGB led)
alerts = 0
warning = 0
warningcss = "background: red;width:100%;height:85%"
meter warning, 0,10
cssid htmlid(), warningcss
html "<BR><BR>"
textbox alerts
cssid htmlid(), "margin:auto;width:100%;text-align:center;font-size:30px;color:blue;"
interrupt sensorpin1, [TRIGGERED]
interrupt sensorpin1, [TRIGGERED]
'io(po,13,0)
wait

[TRIGGERED]
if io(laststat,sensorpin) = 1 then
 io(po,alertpin,1)
 io(po,okpin,0)
 alerts = alerts + 1
 warning = 0
else
 io(po,alertpin,0)
 io(po,okpin,1)
 warning = 10
endif
wait

The SECOND place prize goes to... ... ... the single sensor which reached 25m
Therefore FIRST prize goes to ... drum roll ... TWIN sensors, which reached an astonishing range of 41m

I'm sure it could easily have done more with some adjusting of sensor separation and positiong etc... but repeating experimental 82m round trips is for more enthusiastic youngens.