Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By mikeinnc
#73868 Hi there - new to this exciting alternative for the ESP8266. I've been able to successfully flash an ESP chip; connect to it and have tried a couple of really simple examples with no problems. Thought I'd try a graphics example and so 'cut-n-paste' the code for the Graphics Clock. I saved it as 'clock.bas' but when I try to run it, it throws an error: Error at line 4: Failed to reach end of input expression, likely malformed input - Error at line 4: Syntax error - Error at line 4: Halted

I checked with the language reference and can't see any problems with the command, which appears to be <graphics 500, 500> I've tried a few simple gotchas - i.e no space between the two variables, colon after the command; different values (100, 100) etc, but all to no avail. I then tried to use the simpler example - 'graphics example'. Exactly the same thing, except this time the error is at line 3 - the same command! So, I can only conclude that this command has a bug associated with it? Any comments, please? Many thanks - Mike :)
By mikeinnc
Electroguard wrote:If it's not a syntax problem, then it suggests you may be using a 1Mb build which doesn't have room for any of the graphics.

That's it! :D Thanks so much - I must have inadvertently flashed the chip with the 1Mb build, and then not noticed the error. I'm using the 4Mb chip - I'm certain of that from other flashing attempts. I've re-flashed and with the correct firmware image installed, all is well!

Mike