Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By SkyShadow
#35328 First, Great Work!
I'm enjoying use of the BASIC interpreter however I'm having a hard time implementING some of the code
FILE I/O
I am unclear about how to use the READ and WRITE. for example
~ read {string or var for name of data element} {Var to place contents of data element in to}
I've tried
~let string
~read uploads/file.txt string
~print string
but this doesn't seem to work, I've used variations with and with out brackets, modifying the directory, and including or not the .txt to no avail.
IMAGES WEB INTERFACE
After successfully uploading a image file and using the "button {image file name}" Only a button with the text of the file appears, which when pressed does nothing. for example
~button uploads/image.jpg
again I've tried modifying the file name with and without brackets with no success
FORMAT SAVE UPDATE
I'm not sure the difference between these on the editor, and I cant seem to find documentation
GENERAL NOT SAVING
Although file uploads for pictures etc are easy, every time a new program is written and saved, it seems later unreachable, and any effort to open any previous saved file to edit produces an empty textbox on the editor page. Also often the program just saved once "run" is selected produces no results other than a "done" (this happens with all programs original or from examples) perhaps Its a hardware issue?

Not so related but ideas, support for ..
hyperlinks (buttons too?)
print option including println, print, and prinln or print without horizontal lines( the correct term escapes me:) )
By Jokkepappa
#35366 I haven't yet tried any other but the image on web interface and image button.

I think there is typo in the documentation. you can add picture on the site with:
Code: Select allimage brightness.png

Image button worked, except when clicking it, it did not go to the defined branch of the code.
Also i noticed that the image button knows about x and y of the location you clicked it. This could be useful since you can use one picture to do full range of buttons. Like html <map>.
By Mmiscool
#35388 Image button example.

Code: Select allimagebutton "9870.png" [test]
wait

[test]
print "You clicked me"
wait

I uploaded the png.
2015-11-30 18_10_55-172.16.0.127_filemng.png

and ran the program
2015-11-30 18_11_56-172.16.0.127_input_goto1.x=57&goto1.y=61&goto1=9870.png.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Mmiscool
#35389 print sends to both the serial port and the browser response.

wprint will only send to the browser response and will not add a horizontal rule.