Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By lew247
#51774 I'm using V3 Alpha 14 and I love it, it's so fast and now locks onto the router every time I power it up almost instantly
However
Once a program is running I cannot log onto the web page at all, it times out
Even after I press "run" on the web page I cannot then communicate with the ESP unless I reboot it by cycling the power to it
I'm using Chrome browser and I have also tried Internet Explorer and Firefox and I did load Java onto the machine in case that was stopping it
By Mmiscool
#51776 Can you post your code. Is there any kind of loop that would prevent the sending of a web page.

You must have a wait command for the page to apear.

I also want to clarify. No java is used. Javascript is used.

Javascript runtime is built in to every modern web browser.

Java is a completly diferent animal and is not used in this project at all.
By lew247
#51786 memclear
delay 1000
serialprint "IP,"
serialprintln ip()
DELAY 200
GOSUB [RUNPROGRAM]

DO
A = Val(time("MIN"))
IF A = 00 then GOSUB [RUNPROGRAM]
LOOP until 0

'RUNPROGRAM sub goes here
'basically get the weather from openweather and parse it etc

The end of the runprogram sub has this I wonder if its causing my problem?

delay 60000
RETURN

If it is causing the problem, is there any way to do what I want to do but be able to use the web interface - so I can use it to check things like print the IP address to make sure it's connected and working properly?

The output from the ESP goes to another micro to do other things with it - a mcromite processor with a 7inch display so I can't actually see myself the output from the serial port which is why being able to print to the web interface would be ideal

The DELAY 60000 is so it only prints the updated weather once an hour - ie after it's printed the time it waits a whole minute before continuing with the program -
Is there a more efficient way to do this?
By Mmiscool
#51805 Why not use a timer?

It will execute the branch every hour

Code: Select alltimer 60*60*1000, [getWeatherData]

wait

[getWeatherData]
print "geting weather data"
wait