Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Oldbod
#56092 I might be wrong but posssibly the formatter is more an integration of an external product than something Mike has complete control over, plus trying to fix something that happens on a remote windows pc is probably a million times harder than the known (or at least relatively uniformn) environment that an esp8266 occupies. (A VERY long time ago i was responsible for IT for a company with kit in about 200 locations, only cenrral site had any paid IT people. We used a lot of PCs, but only larger branches used them for other than terminal access, using a dead simple, completely standardised dos platform. One tiny text file was all the config it needed. One day i overheard a support call, they were trying to fix something but all seemed out of whack with hw and sw inventory. and found the tech guys imaging the pcs were leaving windows on because" there was no cost, it came free with the pcs. " windows free, remote staff loading stuff from magazines with no testing, no licence management, no clue. Then moving kit from site sto site when they moved, because it had their stuff on it. Result - chaos. .. and that was when stuff was much simpler. And mimiscool doesnt know what it ever looked like:-) Anyway...

Doing some testing a while back i reloaded the original expessif software. Iirc their formatter worked ok. Maybe you could format and then reload the latest basic?process worked for me, though i didnt have your level of issues... didnt know the forum supported pm - could you point me in the right direction please?

All good fun....
By Electroguard
#56098 You're asking the wrong person as far as PM is concerned... I've received PMs from a couple of people in the past which I could reply to - so I know the facility exists - but if I try to address a named member to send a private message I just get "You are not authorised to view the member list or profiles".
I assume it is a bug... I might expect it as a new member restriction, but not after doing more than 300 posts and the Driving Lessons tutorials.

RichardS is now aware, and like Mmiscool he is the complete innovator, so perhaps if he's listening he might follow through by adding a helpful hint to the ESP8266 forum of 'How to contact using Private Messaging', and perhaps also a 'How to (or not, as the case may be) post media and attachments'... both subjects which I feel could still offer opportunity for improved awareness.
By Ecoli-557
#56108 Electroguard-
I think we should re-start this under a new heading of '2nd time save - crash'.
I can reproduce this result at any time by just adding or deleting a space.
Mike has looked into this but has not found anything that helps. It sure slows down development.......
It looks like it is saving by given numbers, then at the end - wham! Crash and reboot.
I am using a time function and spi.
Are you using time and spi?
Just trying to get common items.........
Regards.
By Electroguard
#56116 No Ecoli, I 'm not using Time or SPI.

Was using serial2, interrupt, udp, and arrays... but have lost confidence in V3 and not touched it since.

I remember many occasions when V2 started giving weird symptoms because it got corrupted and needed a re-format.

So I'm not going to persist and ignore strange symptoms even though knowing full well I've splashed V3 down without any proper pre-format due to an undiscovered inherent problem... I think I'd just be asking for trouble - and don't forget that unlike yourself I haven't heard any feedback and didn't know what was going on, if anything.