Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Edi
#61433 In case of strange problems, the advice sounds often, to format the Flash.
But doing that in the ESP_Basic_Flasher.exe, it alsways crahes.

I'm using Win XP (allways with the latest ESP_Basic_Flasher) and the ESP8266-12E with 4MB.

Any hint?
By Electroguard
#61435 Don't know about XP, but on Win7 you need to run as administrator, else the format button will fail, even though the flasher button works ok.

You could try running a format from the bottom of the settings page.
It doesn't seem to be doing anything, but you'll know it has worked if the browser loses wifi connection with the newly formatted ESP.
By its1000
#69371 Hi
I have a problem with some ESP module mini D1.
very very strange...

I bought 3 modules from the same provider they are wimos copies.

With one I had absolutely no issue, I also formatted a Lolin ESP 12, Basic works perfect.
THen I tried to use my 2 other D1. impossible to install ESPBasic properly.

It install, I got the 100% ok, then I have some signs and it never create the WIFI.

any clue?
By Electroguard
#69374 If you got 3 similar items from the same seller at the same time, and one works but the others don't, it suggests they are duds. They weren't 16Mb version by any chance, cos I couldn't get those going either.

If you got them at different times, perhaps their specs have been changed in between times. So what about baud rate, is that still making a legible handshake... you said it doesn't create the wifi, but you didn't say if you were getting any legible feedback in the serial monitor?

Make sure you do a FORMAT (run as administrator) before you FLASH.

If that doesn't work, then you might try splattering something different over the top with something like the nodeMCU flasher - and if that works, then perhaps worth a retry of espbasic, else demand a refund from your supplier.