Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By heckler
Mike, who did most of the work and should get all credits does not get paid anything !!

I have donated to Mike in the past and agree he should get credit for creating this awesome espBASIC.

But Mike has asked for help from someone who could find this problem.

Really now that I reflect on my comment it is a bit unlikely that we could get enough "funding" to actually pay a programmer to find the problem. My comment was really just wishful thinking and probably should have been left rambling around with the other garbage in my gray-matter and not put to print. :mrgreen:

Mike has done a great thing here and I am sure his extra time (like mine) is scarce.

I also do not have the skills to delve deeply into the problem with the espBASIC OS, unless it is all written in BASIC, which it likely is NOT.

regards
dwight
By Electroguard
#67020 Following previous posts from others:

How about starting a "Bug Exterminator Prize Fund" to be awarded to the first person to fix the rebooting SAVE problem?

We would need to ask mmiscool to set things up for people to easily contribute to the fund and be able to see the running total, but it would offer him well-earned extra incentive for fixing the problem before anyone else quietly sneaks in to claim the prize.

I'm a pensioner with no disposable income, but I'd be more than happy to donate $50 to the Bug Exterminator Fund if others wanted to follow suit... so shout up anyone else who would be interested ???
By Mmiscool
#67024 I am down to give some one 100$ if they can identify and provide a patch that solves the second save after run bug. Been at my witts end on this one.
By trackerj
#67025 I will be also more than happy to donate $50 to the "Bug Exterminator Fund".

Meanwhile on the topic: To be able to track down such a bug we need to be able first to compile the whole ESPBasic firmware from source. I've tried this few times and failed. I was repeatedly asking for help with full firmware building from source but was not able to find any kind of related info's/tutorial/etc.
Wasted quite a time with it, as my idea behind that was to take a deeper look and see if is possible to develop some sort of "plugin" system for various peripheral hardware, ADC's DAC's, etc that will help you to load only the desired ones and so you can very quickly reduce the flash and memory usage -> more available for your program! We can even might discover quicker where is hidding that annoying bug when/if code will be organised in such a way.

I will be also more than happy to see the ESPbasic main Flowchart/UML/DFD Diagram/whatever is behind.

Look what they have done with LUA, a similar firmware building system for ESPBasic will made it even more powerful and flexible than ever!

Even the plugin system used in the ESPEasy firmware is something to take a deeper look at.