Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By kolban
#31476 I downloaded the ESP_Basic_Flasher app from here:

http://www.esp8266basic.com/download.html

When I run it, I can select the "Comm" port but am unable to see "512K" in the Flash size pull down. Since my ESP8266s are 512K ... I am not sure what to do next.

See attached screen shot:

2015-10-15_23-33-58.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Mmiscool
#31479 Was having a problem with the size of the binary to support the older half meg moduels. I will be trying to reduce the binary size here soon. Might have to debug some thing or a diferent build of the package. The current build includeds a lot of code that could be redone to be better.
By tonyg80
#31869 hi, i am also using the esp-03 modules with the 512k, im guessing i cant use this firmware then?

and by the way thanks for finally releasing a firmware in basic, it seems too many people are quick to scoff at basic (fanboys) and dont seem to see its actually a very capable language, i have already seen people on some of my forums glad that someone finally did this for these modules.

so if the 512k is not supported can i still use the 1m option or maybe break out my smd soldering stuff and upgrade the flash? i hope their are suitable alternatives i can swap it out for ( dont worry i solely make smd circuits barely bigger than this lol).

tony
By Mmiscool
#31873 Currently it requires a 1mb or larger flash chip.

I am still looking at ways to reduce binary size.