Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By viscomjim
#32685 Hello, total noob here so please be patient. I ordered the board shown here (your recommendation)
http://www.banggood.com/NodeMcu-Lua-ESP-12E-WIFI-Development-Board-p-985891.html

I connected the board to pc and it shows up fine as com4. I downloaded the flasher from your website and used com4 and 4M. When I hit firmware flash, I get...

error: espcomm_open failed

and in the window I get...

ESP8266basic.com
warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcom_open failed

The only thing I have hooked up is the usb cable. I tried pressing, pressing and holding, etc. the buttons, flash and rst., during, before flashing (all combinations). Always get the same result. I did go over the flashing description on your website, however, it shows the small 01 boards. Could you please make a small set of instructions to show how to flash the 12E Dev board with your basic interpreter.

Thanks again for your efforts. Can't wait to get this up and running.
By viscomjim
#32687 Ok, after reading the previous post (duh) I used the nodencu flasher to flash the 12E. The only thing I had to do was point at the bin file for the 4M build and then set the flasher to 9600 baud. Default speed did not work, but 9600 did. No need to press any buttons or use any jumpers. All is good....