Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By martinayotte
forlotto wrote:2 is fine I believe GPIO 0 D3 is the issue ... If I am not mistaken this is tied to the flash pin...

Yes, but the GPIO0 can still be used for something else after the boot. As I said, I use both GPIO2 and GPIO0 for my I2C bus, and I can still upload the flash simply by pressing a button attach to it.
By forlotto
#37851 Indeed gotta get up early tomorrow for work so gotta hit it... would be nice to see if 9 and 10 can be used like LUA from what I can tell so far 9 and 10 have zero use currently so would be interesting to see if maybe this can be implemented somehow I'm by far not the expert on the subject but I highly respect your opinion and thank you very much for sharing the info you have!
By martinayotte
#37886 For GPIO9/GPIO10 to be used for something else, they first need to be disconnected from the Flash and this Flash will now needed to be used in DIO mode instead of QIO.
Take a look on this site : http://smarpl.com/content/esp8266-esp-2 ... and-gpio10
So, maybe not an easy task for ESP-12 modules.
By forlotto
#37924 I have always flashed in DIO mode ... No matter what firmware I have used LUA many versions or Basic I use flash download tools and flash in DIO mode... As for LUA it did not require any type of soldering to get the NODEMCU to make these pins accessible for GPIO On/Off.

FlashDownloadTools is the software I use to flash ... I do use the NodeMCU same thing LUA was built off of the esp12E I believe is the chip I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to make it happen for GPIO 9 and GPIO 10 without changing up any hardware seeing as how it works fine for the LUA firmware without any hardware mods who knows though it may not be possible still do to the interpreter not interpreting it correctly I should mess around a bit and see if they just work going to setup another unit I think so I don't have to keep tearing this other one down so possibly I could get down to the bottom of things