Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#37932 Figured it out hooked up a test rig for faster testing.

GPIO 9 and 10 work with Basic as well ;)

all is working very cool!

Problem solved disaster averted :P

Now we know its fun to finally figure it all out !

I thank you much for your time and knowledge it has been a great help!

I am sorry if you feel it was wasted time I was under the impression that specific GPIO's had to be used for basic the ones that mike boxed in I should really change the picture now for the documentation.

I wonder though if mmiscool could map the pins to the board label?
SD2 GPIO9 or Pin 9 in basic
SD3 GPIO10 or Pin 10 in basic

flashed in DIO mode did not try QIO never used it ...

THANKS! for sticking with me and helping me talk myself through this one! Simple fix but confused fairly easily with the documentation I need to make it a point to fix this!
By martinayotte
#37933 Maybe something was not clear to me since the beginning :
If you use NodeMCU hardware (which I don't own myself), I presume that the PCB is in DIO mod since early version.
But for the guys who wish to do the same thing wit plain ESP12, it will becomes a pain.
By forlotto
#37941 Yes that could very well be ...

Would have to test to be sure errr dunno if I have any esp12's left laying around I think its just strictly mcu's currently I'd have to look but I think I ditched all the 12's and I never even owned anything other than version 12 for the extra functionality the extra cash just seemed worth the purchase when I first started messing about. And then when I got that nodemcu I was like wow I can test things even quicker yet zero soldering just wires to pins and go for basic its all fairly ready made make the harness to connect your devices and you are good to go.

I could make a harness for just about any application really easily out of wiring no need to bread board or have specialized PCB's etc... To me this was a cool concept to quickly test and retest stuff at a good clip. I do a lot of physical if then statements in real life when stuff does not seem to work lol! Brutus my way through much of it all part of learning I figure. But without guys like you and mmiscool and the guys that broke down the SDK and released iterations of their own basic IDE's etc and some good documentation I would be way lost without doubt. And as you can tell I still fall off the trail from time to time .

Enjoy! And thanks for everything!

-forlotto