Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#38628 The blue esp-01 modules are normally 512k wile the black ones are normally 1m.
By TheQuestor
heckler wrote:Hi Questor,

so what you show in your screen shot is the completion of the flashing of the ESPBASIC OS. What I would do next is to close out of the flashing program and then open up a serial terminal program (like PUTTY or any other good serial terminal) then connect it to the same COM port that was used to flash the esp module.
then restart the esp module (not in flash mode) and watch the output to the serial terminal screen.

You should see it boot up and show the espbasic version info and then attempting to connect to an AP but will probably fail if you have not given it the credentials for your home wifi. It will tell you that it is starting up the AP mode and you should be able to connect "DIRECTLY" to it via 192.168.4.1

That is directly to it, not through your other wifi network. You may need to refresh your wifi AP listing in your PC, LapTop or smartphone. Then look for an AP called "ESP" and tell your PC to connect to it.
Then you should be able to browse to 192.168.4.1 and be connected and then be able to go to the settings page and enter the info for the module to connect to your home wifi (if desired) or just leave it as an AP and be connected directly to it.

I find keeping a serial terminal connected and displaying the serial data at 9600 baud is useful and will help you learn.

good luck
dwight

Welp I tried it and so far it is not going well. I've tried bauds from 9600 to 230400 and all I see is a line or so of garbage using Arduino's serial monitor.

Ok I flashed 512k and @ 9600 I am now seeing the bootup [even without removing it from flash mode]

Failed Wifi Connect
Creating WIFI access point
ESP
APname
APpass
Starting Default Program
Done...

and it is now showing up in site surveys and I am able to connect and am able to get to the browser interface.

So it does seem to be a memory issue on the blue modules ESP-01's

It might be a good idea to add this info to the webpage so oofs like me don't pull all of our hair out :)