Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By al9
esp.png
Hi.

Seems that ESP is publising a Acces Pont at the same time there is connected to my router network.
In fact, I'm browsing with my computer to 192.168.0.225 and with a mobile phone connected to wifi network "ESP", browsing to 192.168.4.1. at the same time.

It this normal?

On the image, ESP is on the same channel that my network: "guirelesslan".

Code: Select all  ü!'1HmÿeESP Basic 1.79

Connected to
IP address : 192.168.0.225
WIFIname
file open failed
WIFIpass
file open failed

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By PhilHornby
al9 wrote:Is this normal?

I get the same :(

I tried re-flashing with the original "AT" firmware, proved I could put the ESP8266 into STA mode only - and then re-flashed ESPBasic.

It came back again...
...and like you, it's on the same channel as my main AP.
By forlotto
#40323 if you connect in your program it will drop the AP connection I believe 1.77 was updated to do both because it was requested that modes not be as persistent as it was causing some issues with data being retained too well even after you flash your esp with a firmware update for instance. This caused some problems.

As of now specify your connection in your program and it should be a persistent connection that kills AP mode all together if I remember correct.
By heckler
#40327 I am seeing the same behavior...
I just updated from 1.77 to 1.81 and now my module connects to my home wifi with the settings that were in there before the OS update.

BUT it is also allowing my PC to connect to it directly (AP mode) and I believe they are conflicting.

I thought Mike had indicated that the module would default to just AP mode UNLESS it had the correct credentials in the settings page and then would attempt to connect ONLY as a Station to my home wifi.

I do NOT believe that defaulting to BOTH AP and STation mode is a good way for the module to act.

MIKE... PLEASE consider going back to the way it was before and if someone wants both AP and STation mode at the same time they should have to turn it on MANUALLY.

this is causing my module to now scroll 1...19 over and over in the terminal window.

NOT GOOD IMHO

thanks MIKE for considering this suggestion.

dwight