Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Digital Delivery
#39431 I love what you are doing. I am a major fan of the basic stamp because they are easy to get a project up and running quickly. If it is possible I would love to have a couple basic commands that could work peer to peer.
The ability to have one esp send a command to another esp where it would activate a gpio pin or pass that command on down the line to another esp could be the basis for a nice swarm project. I would be willing to donate towards that.
David Merten aka Digital Delivery
By Mmiscool
#39496 You might like this thread then.

It shows how to make 2 esp talk to each other.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7267&start=4
By Oldbod
#41093 I'd love to see something like that implemented too. I haven't studied the esp in detail so I don't know how hard this would be. I found the modules last night, and as soon as i started reading up on ide and found this basic interpreter I was hooked, it takes almost all the learning curve out of the equation. Current project is simple environmental stuff, but in a biggish building with many thick walls and acoss several floors, with little infrastucture but electricity and that split across different phases.

I could try to create my own mesh in basic, but I'm afraid it might not work very efficiently. I've read the command guide, but probably not really understood it yet. I don't know, for example, if when running as an ap/wifi direct the device or the interpreter is capable to talking to multiple other devices or just a single one...

Brilliant tool, like picaxe/stamp but open source and on a far more capable platform. You seem to have achieved more in a very short time than some commercial houses in many years... Hope you have time to breathe and eat too!
By forlotto
#41982 With the correct code you could setup registers to perform a connection to a specific device or have them connect and preform the same task ...

let swarmreg = ""
if swarmreg = esp1 then [connect esp1]
if swarmreg = ALL

[conncect esp1]
WiFioffconnect ssid password
// timer here
// data to send here using msgbranch on other device it should receive the data.

Yes this is very possible you could have ALL reference a function on each device so that it will connect and issue a command to the next device in line automatically. You could include this in your msgbranch.

So technically you could have the nodes communicate from the time you tell it to unlock your door all the way to opening your electronic blinds to automatically setting your lights to the right dimmer setting based off of the current time to closing your garage door and even starting your slow cooker. Really anything is possible with this if you got super involved you might even be witty enough to have a robot go grab you a beer out of the fridge and bring it to you these things could all be done in succession.

But it may in many cases just be easier and more useful to have a server setup and a local wifi for all of the nodemcu's to connect to possibly a cheap device like an orange pi raspberrypi zero or if you prefer the windows flavor a cenovo android/windows10 mini pc which would issue the commands to each unit depending on the program you write to handle delivery heck it could even be done on a remote sever from a web page.

So much is possible with this device loaded with the basic firmware these little things we do here and there are building blocks towards what you talk about.

As for swarm study you could get data like the status of a pin or other information also have interrupts trigger events such as sending data to a server or thingspeak etc. I would imagine with enough imagination you could do some radical stuff with this device both locally and remotely providing there is any type of internet connection.

Servo based solar powered weed eater style lawn mower with a home station and inductive charging anyone?