Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By raintime
#52961 I need to control the absolute positions of certain elements of my screens. And I do this using the cssid styling capability. But when I go into the debugger, half the stuff on my screen is plastered on the left side on top of the debugger, and the rest of my stuff displays to the right of the debugger!

PLEASE give me the option to place the debugger on the RIGHT instead of at the LEFT! This will open up the possibility of controlling absolute location of screen elements and using the debugger with them! - something that is impossible now.
By Mmiscool
#52964 The debugger can be styled just like any other thing in esp basic. In chrome you can right click and inspect element to figure out which div it is a member of. Then apply your CSS styling accordingly.

In general it is a bad practice to use absolute positioning. Android phones, web sites and modern windows 8/10 applications take advantage of dynamic window lay outs allowing for the content to be rearranged automatically as the size of the screen or viewing window changes.