Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By drhaitch
#48740 I have come across this site a couple of times
readthedocs.org
Would this be an option for the Docs. ?
Then others could maybe more easily contribute to the docs. I think having more examples in there would be great, and lots of little things that need adding.
ie when using the UDP commands, you need to end the code with a return rather than a wait.
I suspect there may be a few people who would be interested in helping fix the docs up a little, and let MM +CC code and test.
haitch
http://readthedocs.org
By Mmiscool
#48743 I am not opposed to this. The google docks also allow for people to make suggested edits.
By forlotto
#48744 Yes very wiki like in a way...

A good idea none the less but I think the main docs should be maintained and updated and this should be someones pet project that could help mm & cc out I think they have done fairly well thus far in the v3.0 iteration there are a few things I would have added the problem is they have little to do with syntax and more to do with operation.

However, at any time I could document whatever wherever I don't believe this requires permission the more reading materials and explanations the better but we do need a one true solid source.

Personally I love the esp8266basic website and the format of the example code on there it is very easy to read and clean I can't say the same for google docs but it sure beats notepad docs of old...

Anyhow interesting website go for it ;)
By drhaitch
#48763 Ha ha, I agree with you about the main website, I like the layout and the examples there, more examples would be even better.
I also agree with just having one site for documents.
Maybe mm can give me write access to the google doc ?
Although I dont know how much time i will have in the next few weeks. :(