Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By RichardS
#48790 Your invited to use the WIKI we already have, you can modify it in any way you want....

RichardS
By livetv
#49283 I totally agree with the WIKI idea! This forum is great but it is getting cumbersome to try and find things in it. For example, I'm having problems with arrays and can't find where proper usage is discussed.

However, I've been having trouble with the WIKI. I edited this page: wiki/doku.php?id=esp8266-test-boards&#ai-thinker_test_board

At first it looked great, with underscores appearing where they should and tables formatting like they are supposed to but I revisited it weeks later to find that the table parsing isn't working right and certain elements containing single underscores are tripping italics. No idea why.

So I'd be happy to contribute to a WIKI on the basic interpreter but I don't want to tangle with the parsing issues I've noticed. Is this a version/update problem?

I suppose just about anybody can start a section on the interpreter. Any objections?
By Mmiscool
#49306 I put a page on the wiki a long time ago.

wiki/doku.php?id=esp8266basic

If any one wants to ad content to it or pages under it go for it. Any help is appreciated.
By forlotto
#49308 Excellent you'll do a great job on the wiki I'm sure cumbersome or not!

Probably might want to add a page called code reference ...

Wiki takes some getting used to but once you figure out the quirks I think you'll do just fine ;)

Or if you prefer do a readthedocs page why not might as well any documentation is good.

I know what you mean about difficult to find I have made a list of commands for basic and posted it in the beginners guide thread that might help to start you off ;) Warning though I did pull the information while I was going through the code on github while I think it is correct I make no gaurentees of any kind.

Wish you luck it will be interesting to see what you can and will contribute.