Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By raintime
#50872 By now it takes a long time to hunt through the unorganized list of files in the great File Manager.

It would be soo great if the File Manager had a check box where, if checked, only our .bas programs would show, each along with its own last SAVED date/time, sorted by most recent first! (or alphabetically).

(This is probably a dream.)
By forlotto
#51559 It is all a dream or a nightmare depends on how yah view the cup half with liquid or half without. The real kicker is most bits of matter even us are mostly made up of empty space ;)

I do like this idea to a degree though what about a compromise ?

What if we just had it where files were organized by type or is that the current methodology This would make the most since to me...

Is it not possible to upload files to separate directories for instance can you not save a file to /myfiles whatever.html for instance I seem to recall doing this in which case it would keep your files separate on the list as it would have its own directory tree expanded if I recall correct. I guess I never have gone too nuts with file manager personally.

Organization is always great. I am more curious about the HTML bug to see if you actually solved that one or not ... But either way this is not a bad idea or something relative to it.

-forlotto
By Mmiscool
#51619 It was suppose to be sorting already. I just did some testing and am replacing the current javascript sort with a new one that works.

After I put out the build tonight it should be all good.

Still working on a few more things before this new build is published.

Edit: New build is published.
By forlotto
#51628 Mike thanks for the updates again never thought I would see such a swift action great work thanks for the improvements once again.

Any words on the HTML bug or insight on what you think about raintime's discovery?

Thanks for sharing.