Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By robert badiduwitz
#58910 Hi Mike, first off, thank you for your fine work on espbasic. I really love it!!! In an effort to figure out a cheap way to display the ip address of the esp on the network, I have found the TM1637 which is readily available and Very Cheap! ie...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Bits-TM1637-Digital-Tube-LED-Clock-Display-Module-For-Arduino-Due-UNO-2560-R3-/310788450125?hash=item485c6f674d:g:pgoAAOSwkl5XdgPs

Would it be possible to add the driver for this in espbasic. It could be used for many different things, but just a cheap and low pin count way of showing the ip address would be a great use not to mention a very easy net clock, etc. You could show it by first flashing the 192 then the 168 then the 2 then the 213 or whatever it is. For a buck and change, that would be awesome.

Here is a link for the arduino library that maybe you could use.

https://github.com/avishorp/TM1637

Thank you again for your work and considering this idea.

Rob
By robert badiduwitz
#59687 Hi Mike, can you let me know if you can add this feature to the espbasic? I have a couple of projects where this would be very handy to have for a cheap little display for ip address, clock, etc. I just need to know if it is possible to add or not. If not I will try to write a program to handle it in basic. Thanks for all your efforts on espbasic. Really starting to like it a lot!!!
By robert badiduwitz
#59850 This must be the wrong area to post feature requests, even if they are not feasible, or if they are what I want, what I really, really want, a short answer is better than no answer at all. I guess I will carry on and answer my own question... No this is not feasible right now... Ok Thanks Rob, now I can carry on. That wasn't very hard at all... It only took 22 days to answer my own question, or at least reply to myself.
By Mmiscool
#59851 Unfortunately I have been rather busy lately and have not been able to be as active on the forum or in development.

There is no yes or no at this point. I don't have the piece of hardware to test with and have not had the time to investigate. Hopefully this has not caused a bad experience with esp basic.