Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#36750 Got a strip of these in the mail today. Hopefully will have some commands for them in the basic here soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Mmiscool
#36760 Ok. Here it is. Just uploaded a new version tonight.

Neo Pixels are supported now!!!

Will only work on pin 15, D8 for node mcu boards. I was unable to set it so that this is changeable.

You can now write to individual pixels up to 255 of them.

the function is
Code: Select allneo({LED NO},{R},{G},{B})

So to make the 5th led inn the string green you would use.
Code: Select allneo(5,0,255,0)

I plan on adding some more function for setting the whole strip color and maybe some simple animations as the interpreter is a bit slow for doing this in basic.

I tested my strip with this code. It will sweep down the strip turning one pixel on at a time.
Code: Select allfor x = 1 to 25
y = x - 1
neo(y,0,0,0)
neo(x,0,255,0)
next x
end
By Luc Volders
#36772 Thanks.
A great Christmas present from you !!!!

Now we can set colours in a ledstrip using the sliders from anywhere in the world........

A question though.
Why isn't it going to work with an ESP8266-01. Would be nice. It has only two I/O ports and it would be great to adress tons of neopixels with such a tiny processor.

And........
This definitely opens up the need for an 2 dimensional array function.

I know, I am asking too much.

Nevertheless I will start experimenting with this and have some ideas already in mind.

Thanks again.
Luc
By heckler
#36787 Hi Mike,

in the NEO command can R G and B be variables or can they only be integers??
would it be possible to create a version of the OS for the -01 module that would support the neo pixels on either of the two pins available on the -01 model??

Or have the OS determine the version of ESP module it is loaded on and re-assign pin 15 (D8) to one of the pins available on the -01 module?

thanks for all you are doing
dwight