Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#33408 I am looking at this and really it has nearly everything I need to do some interesting stuff ...

Currently I am working with LUA ...

I am using the ESP devkit v2 I have my project working currently but... There is a slight hang up I need to be able to connect to it and change the wifi ssid and password...

It appears that basic firmware allows this is this correct?

How can I get this interpreter working with my nodemcu? What do I need to select for flashing firmware etc?
By forlotto
#33413 Well I tried it for kicks ...

Uploaded it seems like it is working

Got to mess with it and look at some example code and such

Now to figure out how to serve a page with on/off buttons for gpio's as well as display their current status...

Got to figure out how this all works so far the interface is interesting but I need to figure out a few things on how to use it.
By Mmiscool
#33419 A simple on/ off button program is trivialy easy to get going .
The following program sets up 2 buttons that will turn pin 2 high and low depending on which button is clicked.

Code: Select allButton "On" [on]
Button "Off" [off]
Wait

[on]
Po 2 1
Wait

[off]
Po 2 0
Wait
By forlotto
#33463 excellent yes I did a little reading at esp8266basic.com fairly good documentation actually.
But for me being non basic while I have looked at some vb scripting for different things over time and its a language that somewhat just makes since reading it, ANY examples that you share are going to make things more fluid for the use of or essentially shorten the arc of the learning curve. Example is one of the best ways to learn.