Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#33669 yes way cool thanks man I think I am about all out of questions to further the quest for documentation lol! Bummer I guess heh.

I do thank you a lot man for all of your effort if it were me in a good position I'd say YOUR HIRED! :P
By Mmiscool
#33671 The guys doing the arduino stuf for the esp8266 are the one who are making all this possible. Iggr has done a wonderful job of making the arduino environment work and many others have helped get this project to the place it is today.

I am hesitant to add the static IP setting to to the settings page only because I want to make sure that no problems arise.

Possibly after some more testing they will end up there but for now the command can be used in a program. Right now if it does not get a good IP it will automatically start up ap mode with the settings you select.

Can't wait to see what you are building. Personally this week I have been working on a small bipedal walking robot. Should be posting code and information about how to build one soon. It uses an esp8266 for its microcontroller and espbasic for its programming language. Hopefully it will generate some interest.
By forlotto
#33672 Right now at least for me I can see it on my network and see it as an access point all at once...

To me this is more than satisfactory it is what I would like to see however I'm going to keep with it static IP seems easy enough to handle possibly add an example for static IP or AP IP change as well this would be great or both in the same spot or just an over all networking example page would do the trick kind of shot myself in the foot using LUA I see why some folks were pushing me away although I am glad I learned a bit about LUA at the same time being the native language to the nodemcu and I would like to continue my learning with LUA as well I will dedicate a node to LUA because it does have some interesting ways of preforming tasks that are outside of the box and it is light weight as well as allowance for MQTT which I have yet to try because I haven't seen a valid enough reason or need for it when you could just build software that communicates with web pages etc... that could handle all the grunt work.

BTW you don't want to see what I am working on lol it pales in comparison to a robot just simple on off relays to turn stuff on and off maybe someday I will make something cooler but for me this has a practical use for one I am likely going to wire this in my light fixture in my bedroom not much to see there lol.

But I guess I do have something a little cooler although it is on/off functions again nothing worth bragging about or displaying though sorry to disappoint just practical applications thus far as I said nothing major.

Nothing that your typical light switch wouldn't do...

I need to learn a lot more I need to figure out the best way to go about weekly timers to really make an impact I suppose to be honest then I could work on something cooler like a hydroponic indoor LED veggie garden or something cool like that but for me it is baby steps time is somewhat limited I think I spend most of it reading.

Anyhow I will mark this as solved then for now I can see the reasoning for not creating more confusion.