Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Rotohammer
#33657 I've been using the OTA update button in Settings to reflash the last 4 versions of the image into my test ESP-12 controller and it worked perfect every time! But, I need to custom compile-in my update server url. It would be neat if this was a setting at some point.

I'm thinking about a bunch of other settings at some point, for pin configuration ie: which pin gets OneWire control, which get i2c, etc. I'd actually prefer a command for this, vs a setting.
By Mmiscool
#33916 I know the update button is in the settings dialog but I have had no luck doing ota updates actually working. Would like to discuss how this is working for you. Want to get this in the relase so that updating can be done on the network and receive the files from git hub. Can you post the modification you have done to the sketch and what server you are using to host the bin file to get ota working?
By Mmiscool
#34011 Worked out OTA updating.

Latest version will download bin file from web and update. Been testing it now for about an hour.

Thanks for bringing this back up. Was meaning to get back to this.

For right now OTA firmware upgrades will on;y work on the ESP-12.
By Rotohammer
Mmiscool wrote:Can you post the modification you have done to the sketch and what server you are using to host the bin file to get ota working?

Other than changing the url to point to my server (which happens to be my router running Shibby Tomato), I compiled for 2m flash size since i figured thats as large as I can go yet still hold two programs in flash. I'm running esp-12s currently.

FWIW, I've done several ota updates over the Internet to a remote device a few miles away that I control from remote.