Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#33736 I am curious as to how GPIO's would be mapped out via Basic vs LUA or if everything is mapped out the same I do know that LUA changed their map over time from the original map to the map that is being used now but I believe this would just be the software side of things I would think the GPIO's would stay the same on the board ...

So my best guess would be that pin0 is a reference to GPIO0 and pin1 is a reference to GPIO1 I cannot be certain but I just sat down to think about writing code to handle the NodeMCU and this is the one thing that kind of slipped my mind if I am ever going to get this to work I need to know what GPIO is being referenced by what pin using the Basic firmware.

I could most likely figure it out cheaply with a meter metering the pin and ground but if the info is already known it would be nice to see some public documentation on this one.

View the attachment as it currently stands for LUA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Mmiscool
#33743 From the picture you provided I believe that the pin configuration arduino uses are the ones in the white labels. The pin labels printed on the board do not line up with the ones in the white labels for gpio.

Esp8266 basic uses the same pin configuration as the esp8266 arduino environment. I do not currently have any more mcu boards to test with. Only esp-01s, esp-12s and an esp-201. I do hope to get some in the future to test and verify but for now it looks like the info in the picture with the gpio labels is correct.
By Mmiscool
#33744 From the picture you provided I believe that the pin configuration arduino uses are the ones in the white labels. The pin labels printed on the board do not line up with the ones in the white labels for gpio.

Esp8266 basic uses the same pin configuration as the esp8266 arduino environment. I do not currently have any more mcu boards to test with. Only esp-01s, esp-12s and an esp-201. I do hope to get some in the future to test and verify but for now it looks like the info in the picture with the gpio labels is correct.
By forlotto
#33750 You must have a quantum entangled twin that is posting along with you.
There are a couple of postings you've made I see double posts lol!

So the simple answer is no I have to figure it out.
The GPIO's are correct but how they match up with the pins...

Code: Select allpo {pin no value or var} {value or var 1/0}

so for example

po{1}{1} may turn on GPIO3 for instance there is really no way to know without making my own map using this information and testing what turns what on or off.

I predict that tomorrow your NODEMCU will arrive 1day faster than promised. Numbers are a grand thing really especially ones that track packages it is sitting in your home state as we speak.

I don't expect you to make a pin map for me though I have the tools at my disposal to do it just need the mojo to do it maybe I'll work that up by the weekend ;) Real simple task to be honest but I suppose for documentation pin maps would not hurt.

I will warn you the device is new and untested so there is a slight possibility of failure I suppose in which case you will be without luck but I have not had a bad one yet which I know increases the odds.