Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#35428 Thank you so much. Basic is a language for the common man. Can't wait to see what you are building. Please post some pics when you are done.
By viscomjim
#35740 Hi Mike, I have successfully implemented a simple test of the email function and am using godaddy mail server. This is working perfectly and I am very happy about that. When sending the email, I am watching the serial port and the progress of what is happening between the esp and godaddy. (very interesting to watch btw)

Anyway, as I said, it works fine. On the terminal screen, lines that comes back from godaddy says...

stuff stuff stuff
Sending DATA
354 enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
Sending email
250 pvX51r0020UvX5B01 mail accepted for delivery
Sending QUIT
221 p3plsmtpa07-09.prod.phx3.secureserver.net closing connection
disconnected

The lines that says "354 enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself", is this something that is common amongst email servers and is it necessary to end with a . on a line by itself. Like I said, it did work like expected, just wonder if this is something to look at.

Thanks again, this is fun!
By Rotohammer
viscomjim wrote:The lines that says "354 enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself", is this something that is common amongst email servers and is it necessary to end with a . on a line by itself. Like I said, it did work like expected, just wonder if this is something to look at.

What you are looking at are the actually responses from the server. The 354 message is normal and expected, not an indication of any problem, its part of the SMTP protocol.
By Gabriel Colombo
#55808 Hello guys, i know this topic is old BUT i need some help around here.

This code is especificly for nodeMCU?

Im using esp8266 flash and a simply logic converter for serial comunnication, and i cannot use this on my esp8266-01

I dont know why.

I need to improve this commands that mm send below?

Thx for attention
Att, Gabriel