Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By peridot
#35962 I don't know if this has been asked before but I seem to be having connection timeouts of less than 5 secs. What is the default value for the socket and is it possible to change it?
By peridot
#36126 Hi Mike, I believe I now have a handle on the problem. I think what was happening was not a TCP timeout on the connection but rather a 408 Request Timeout which I now believe was due to the ESP not being able to serve the page within the timeout set for the HTTPrequest. At the time I had an auto refresh in the Web GUI code running and also collecting data via the input command. The input command was in a branch requested by the timer. I think what was happening was if the input and associated code took to long due to none or late data on the comm port and this happened during a page request , the page request failed. Your SerialTimeout command has now resolved this issue as the Input branch can no longer sit there for ever or to long.
It would still however be nice to know what TCP Timeout and the httprequest defaults are set at and if they can be made available as variables.

Thanks MikeO