Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By MarcoC
#45353 I'm trying to use serial commands to make a little application that communicate with a PC serial port.

I see the lack of an interrupt for handling the incoming characters from the serial port. So how you have implemented on the UDP support.

I tried to use "Interrupt 3 [goto2label]". Goto is working on arrival of characters from the serial port.
Interrupt work, but it seems that serial routines being compromised.
Placing Interrupt 3 without label does not restore the serial routines.

Can i have other solutions to implement serial port communication?

Thanks for considering the request.
Best regards.
By Mmiscool
#45452 it might be possible to set up an interrupt on one of the other pins and connect a jumper to the rx of the esp.
Then the interrupt branch could use the input command.
By picstart
#45467 I'm not sure as to the hardware specs of the esp8266. The esp8266 hardware has to deal with asynchronous requests and serial in is just one of many. Often the MCU buffers a few chars in a serial hardware buffer so at least one char can be accessed at the same time as another char is coming. It is surprising the esp8266 doesn't set an interrupt flag. The arduino IDE has a 64 byte buffer it could possibly be fed with a char by char hardware interrupt service routine. So far I haven't seen this Arduino buffer overrun but it may happen at very high baud rates. The serial programming appears to use a handshake to control the flow when flashing.