Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#46762 If you take a look at the css example on the site you will see how to style all the butons. Might i sugest for a 3x3 tv tv remote that the buttons width be 30%
By Electroguard
#46766 Yeah, thanks mmsicool, and ability for using CSS is an excellent facility... a step too far for me at the moment though.
Besides, I was only giving the impractical 3 x 3 button grid as an easily understood tabulating example, but in reality a practical remote controller would probably need 20 to 30 buttons, plus whatever 'navigation' controls would be necessary for cloning IR signals and storing to flash or assigning to buttons. It's all technically possible, but perhaps not quite practically feasible just yet.

An alternative way of doing a web remote controller is to map hotspots links to buttons in a picture - and I know that can't be done in ESP_Basic yet, but I thought it worth mentioning just in case any of you wizards might think it a possibility in the future... cos you routinely keep on achieving what us mere mortals consider to be miraculous impossibilities!
By forlotto
#46827 Everything you speak of is possible....

I guess I don't understand where the problem is ....

To be honest for my PC remote control I use javascript and a crap ton of buttons and it is dynamic for any IP address only thing I need to do is pop in the IP when the page comes up and all buttons are adjusted for that IP ....

Aside from that when you talk of spacing have you tried to print spacing or use html tags for alignment maybe alt chars. I'm nearly 100% sure I have done what you are seeking to do with what is available already.

hrmmmm I'll tell you what give us some small code examples and what you want to do instead of this monster and I'll gladly try to help you figure out whatever it is you are trying to figure out but keep the code simple from there you can append the changes in your original code.

Surely dedicated and active electrogaurd good to have you aboard I am interested in seeing what you all come up with out of this project don't get too removed from the goals in your mind I'm sure there are a many solutions possible and workable for you.

As far as the buffers go there are things that do help like cls I do recall seeing quite a few branches you should have started off with a cls or clear screen for good measure when I was skimming over it.

You can link to html pages just fine as well on the file manager providing your html has nothing going on within your code I seen there was a lot of description within your code.

print "http://192.168.x.x/file?file=whateverpage.html" this should show a link to your web content hosted on your esp obviously you must upload the content via the file manager if this makes since hrmmm maybe I just need to break down and just read through your code a bit more but I think you are at a point where you are just hung up on something with a possible solution so the best thing you could do is just give a small example code where something hangs up and then just build from there.

No I am not 100% sure either that I am understanding everything you need 100% either but a smaller example would help.

Hrmmm there are other commands to clear variables, clear memory etc a good time to use these and what they all are should be placed in the documentation imho.

Hopefully we can get yah off of stumped and on to open fields.

Take Care,

forlotto