Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#46735 holy batsh!t batman

five thousand ? are you sure you did not have one of those typo's and type an extra zero?
By Electroguard
#46752 5000 lines of code sounds good, but even 2000 was not practically achievable because of web component (buttons) and page buffer size limits.
I don't know what the buffer size is, but it errored if I tried having 1 long page that was about 2 screenfulls long (which isn't really excessively big).
Buttons are the only realistic way of navigating multiple pages, so I think it may be worth considering increasing the number of buttons available even if the other web components retain their current limit.
I think my bloatware network demonstrator must be about 850 pages long now, which was taking about 30 seconds to Save, but it was pot luck whether the Save even got started, and then more pot luck for whether a Save would complete ok.

So all the elements are in place for some serious heavyweight tasks, but things still just need a bit more juggling and tweaking to be able to get the best out of everything - but it aint far away now, though.

Another thing worth mentioning for getting the most out of things...
In the beginning there was html and the button, and what fun they offered!
But when we start talking of thousands of lines of code and multiple html pages with navigation buttons - all of which is now possible - perhaps it's time to give html and buttons a new pair of shoes so they can look a bit tidier and smarter.
Html could very much benefit from some way to horizontally position text and components if possible. And components like buttons and textbox's could benefit from being able to specify width.

Just to illustrate what sort of difference that could make, imagine creating an IR remote control web page from buttons in just a 3 x 3 grid... it's not possible to tabulate buttons underneath each other, and each different-length button 'legend' causes the button to be a different length, causing the 3 x 3 grid to look quite an untidy mess. It may sound a bit trivial, but I think it makes a major difference of trying something for novelty factor or being able to produce something for practical use.