Tell me what you want, What you really, really want.

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#47454 I think I hashed over these a few times but here it goes:

Static IP configuration option in the settings page would be a great addition.

Second addition for me personally for networking settings would be disable SSID broadcast for AP mode or disable AP mode all together a simple checkbox would do by both modes to disable one mode or the other.

x disable station
x disable ap

if station mode is disabled then broadcast ap only
if ap mode is disabled then connect to with wifi info only
if no boxes are checked then proceed as normal
if both boxes are checked then ap can be connected to but it is hidden you will need to know SSID because it will not be broadcasted.

something along this line I feel it is a needed evolution of the interface just as I thought static IP was important.

Last if it is possible to change device id from ESP746AEF to something else this would be extremely useful.

While for the most part it may seem useless it is a natural evolution to building on basic to include these things as they are basic building blocks of networking which if easily configurable with provide a better overall user satisfaction and it would lead to less networking questions and issues I believe.
By Mmiscool
#47457 Becouse of the nature of esp basic and how programing is done in the browser enabling optional configuratuon setting that would put the device in to a state of no return is not a good ideah. Such dangerouse networking options can be done using code in the basic program after there is the window of opertunity to correct a problem.

Being able to stop the start up delay seems dangerouse enoug to me at the moment.

If you run the wifioff command at the start of your program followed by either the connect command or ap command variouse wifi behavures can be created.
By forlotto

Live dangerously you have an awesome tool to format and reinstall basic what is the worse that can happen? You remove the code and revert the changes?

Its a few dollar item I thing we may be able to handle the danger with a little couch fishing you'll have enough change to replace your esp in no time :P

You could add another tab for advanced options and give a use at your own risk warning that says you may need to format in order to get back to normal and this may brick your device use @ own risk be sure to backup code if using these options.
By Ksanji Lee
#61005 Hello,

I see some of the suggestions are already implemented since, and I am very happy for them.

I wonder if there is a way I can hide the SSID from the network list.
How can I disable SSID broadcast in AP mode to make it hidden?

It would be the best to have a checkbox in the settings, but I would be satisfied with any solution. I didn't find any function for it in the Language Reference guide.

Thank You in advance!

Ksanji