General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Electroguard
#47499 Hi mmiscool, any chance you could clear up a couple of questions while we're waiting for vers3...

1. Can you explain about the gpio 'D' prefix. What are the rules dictating and governing its use?

2. After reformating my serial dev kit module and then waiting the prescribed 30 seconds before reboot, I notice the blue led gives a single quick blink just before 30 secs, so I assume whatever it's been doing is the reason for needing to wait for the 30 sec reboot delay.
But what is the reason for needing to wait 2 minutes after the reboot before starting the reflash?
It seems like a lifetime when painfully holding the nodeMCU button in - and not even the reformat or reflash process takes anywhere near that length of time to carry out their entire process.
So is there a specific reason for needing to wait the 2 minutes delay after reformat before reflash?
By Mmiscool
#47504 If you look at forlotto's getting started guide. The pin numbers are explaned.

When flashing firmware you only have to hld down the button untill the led starts blinking fast from the serial flash. Once it starts blinking like this you can release the flaeh button.

You are waiting 2 minuets in order for the formating firmware to a actualy format the device.
By Electroguard
You are waiting 2 minuets in order for the formating firmware to a actualy format the device.

I hear what you say, and I do as told, but I'm afraid the 2 minutes still doesn't make sense to me and I'm no wiser as to why I'm doing it.

This is the sequence of instructions...

<Format> < 30 secs delay > <reboot> < 2minutes delay > <flash> <reboot>

The 2 mins is long after the format and ensuing reboot, and long before the reflash.
So I was asking the question because it didn't seem to make sense to me, and I was wondering if perhaps something has become cross-wired in translation somewhere?
By Mmiscool
#47509 The format button actualy flashes a difirent firmware that formats the spifs file system. The firmware has to boot. Then format the flash.