General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By joeman2116
forlotto wrote:You need to use " not '

for bg color

wprint "<body bgcolor="#E6E6FA">"

or possibly

wprint "<body bgcolor=#E6E6FA>" may do the trick but I would bet this is your issue!

I think the first will work but maybe not...
Give it a shot.

good luck and remember always try to follow w3c standards while producing a web page use this framework and make sure that all open tags have close tags as well.

Give it a shot see what happens both ways I don't have a version 3 loaded yet to test with been working a bit on reading about the newer syntax and such before I dive in on it ...

Seems to be a fairly smooth operator though at this point like a lot of the bugs are getting ironed out...

I tried both forms of the suggested
wprint "<body bgcolor="#E6E6FA">" --- causes a syntax error

wprint "<body bgcolor=#E6E6FA>" --- no error but no color

It sure would be nice if there was some working html code examples for ver 3!!

Thanks
Joe
By forlotto
#48834 hrmmm odd I sent you a link in the other post at this point I suggest you follow it for the latest update maybe try to reflash it appears that your nodemcu may be on the fritz may want to check firefox as well ...

I cannot recall what I did in previous versions of code gimme a sec lemme look...

<body bgcolor=000000 text=C6ED2C>

this is what I did on my previous versions but no promises...
By forlotto
#48836 FROM MMISCOOL:

The html command and the wprint command are the same. Most of the time when a command is depreciated or changed the old command is left working and just update the docs and the demos are updated to reflect the new command removing the old one. This might not always be true when all of the normal commands are updated over the next few months to use the new parsing engine but as much backwards compatibility as possible has been attempted. The wprint command how ever is used many places so the transition is a bit of a project.

- See more at: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9855&p=46904&hilit=html+for+wprint#p46904

try to use html rather than wprint and see what happens!

Roll through all the combinations I gave you this may just be the issue wprint is replaced by html or in the process of there may be a slight bit of skullduggery going on with the switch over.

Give html a try also give the last example I gave you a try.

I suppose I should just mod the code and try it but bed time is coming up like a gas bubble in a shallow pond.

Enjoy!
By joeman2116
forlotto wrote:FROM MMISCOOL:

The html command and the wprint command are the same. Most of the time when a command is depreciated or changed the old command is left working and just update the docs and the demos are updated to reflect the new command removing the old one. This might not always be true when all of the normal commands are updated over the next few months to use the new parsing engine but as much backwards compatibility as possible has been attempted. The wprint command how ever is used many places so the transition is a bit of a project.

- See more at: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9855&p=46904&hilit=html+for+wprint#p46904

try to use html rather than wprint and see what happens!

Roll through all the combinations I gave you this may just be the issue wprint is replaced by html or in the process of there may be a slight bit of skullduggery going on with the switch over.

Give html a try also give the last example I gave you a try.

I suppose I should just mod the code and try it but bed time is coming up like a gas bubble in a shallow pond.

Enjoy!

ok Thanks for the info - will give it a try... I suspect its all related to the change....over

joe