General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#52889 For those unaware of OTA updates at current this allows you to upgrade firmware without the need to hook it up to a computer it basically downloads the update from the internet while in station mode and connected to a router that has internet access. So if you are in AP mode or an isolated router you can temporarily change your info to connect to an internet bound router and do your update and change your settings back as intended.

For those of you folks who really need OTA updates for the latest firmware I have setup a secondary update server for the time being.

Just add this info to the OTA box
Code: Select allesp8266basicota.tk/4M/ESP8266Basic.cpp.bin
note do not add http:// in front of the link as it will not work this way. Just copy and paste the link as is.

Then save settings

Then hit update.

I have v34 on there currently I may not get everything instantly or I may even miss a build or two but I will check back and update it periodically.

I know this works on nodemcu 4MB flash versions does it work on other smaller flashes or versions I am not sure to be honest have not tested this but their are folders for each version on the server just copy the link and give it a try and report back remember do not use the http:// in front of the link when pasting the link delete this portion.

I have tested it and has worked accurately for the last 6 builds roughly.

May be of use to someone may not who knows I found it rather useful myself so I figured I would share.

How will I know it has worked you say?
How you will know it works is once you click the update button there will be some time that will pass when trying to load the page and it will go offline and reset the unit once it comes back up you can visit the settings page and take note of how the version number has changed.

Enjoy

-forlotto
By forlotto
#52971 Latest version with telnet Now on OTA server.

Enjoy