General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By PhilTilson
#54432 In my attempts to understand as fully as possible the use of ESP8266 Basic, I have found the on-line documentation of limited use. I suspect there are others like me who, when trying to work through unfamiliar commands etc find working with a book easier than constantly changing pages on a browser.

For that reason I went through the whole of the 3.0 documentation, re-ordering some sections, making corrections where necessary (inevitable in a document of this complexity) and putting in additional examples. I also created a full table of contents and an alphabetical index of commands and functions (well, Word did!).

The result is a Word document of 72 pages (also available as a .pdf if preferred) which I am happy to make available to other users, if Michael has no objections.

There were a few things which I did not fully understand, and I am sure there will be inaccuracies and errors in my version, but I will be happy to correct these if brought to my attention.

Phil
By ardhuru
PhilTilson wrote:I also created a full table of contents and an alphabetical index of commands and functions (well, Word did!).

The result is a Word document of 72 pages (also available as a .pdf if preferred) which I am happy to make available to other users, if Michael has no objections.

Phil

I agree with you, there's no better go-to than a printed manual when you're climbing the learning curve. Also, its easy to make your own comments in relevant places for future use.