General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By PhilTilson
#55494 Attached is latest version with information about Comments in programs

Phil

ESP Basic Reference.doc

ESP Basic Reference.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By trackerj
PhilTilson wrote:Attached is latest version with information about Comments in programs

Phil

ESP Basic Reference.doc

ESP Basic Reference.pdf

Very nice job Phil, is looking very nice.

At the I2C Functions section, please add also the i2c.setup({SDA}, {SCL}), it looks to be missed right now. As a quick code example can be used the I2C_scanner() example : viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11075&start=4
By Electroguard
#55548 Phil, I think the 'LET' command might now be incorrect... it was obligatory in V2, optional in early V3's (as currently stated in the docs), but now it actually causes errors in A49 until removed.
So it seems it may no longer be an accepted command, but you'd need to get Mmiscool to clarify that situation.

I know it would be more like 'Manual' content rather than just 'Language Reference', but it might also be worth finding out about variable and branch name length restrictions etc so that they could be documented.
Similarly it would also be useful to state the situation regarding flashing and mem sizes. The way I understand things, 4Mb is ongoing and includes everything, but anything less than 4Mb uses the stripped out 512Kb base version, so there are no intermediate steps for 1Mb and 2Mb? - but I may have picked that up wrong.

The different cores does raise another documentation question though - if or when it might be worth considering flagging up those commands which are only relevent to the full ongoing 4Mb version... but that's not a suggestion, it's just food for thought.

I was on a different machine the other day, coming at the online docs from a different direction, and was horrified to mistakingly discover that the V2 online docs were no longer available (cos V2 is something I still need for the forseeable future).
Thankfully it was a false alarm, but it's woken me up to that possibility, so prompts me to ask if you've got any sort of offline V2 doc already laying around ?