General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By ilc
#55660 This is a fantastic resource, and I appreciate the time and effort that has gone in to producing it.

If I could make one small suggestion it would be to do away with using a coloured font for the code examples. It can be difficult to read, especially when printed on a monochrome printer. The indenting and different typeface is sufficient (IMHO! ;-))
By Electroguard
#55663 I do agree about the the magenta examples Phil, it makes my tired old eyes wince.
I had previously considered suggesting the magenta glare might be changed to something more restful like dark blue or dark green or perhaps even dark red, but I'd probably already said too much, and preferred to avoid sounding ungratefully picky.
By PhilTilson
#55720 Point taken about the magenta text. I wanted a hgihlight, but I hadn't thought about monochrome printing (or tired old eyes!).

I have changed my version to use blue, which prints very well on a Laserjet and looks more benign on the screen!

The problem I have, however, is that - contrary to the earlier supposition - all the book-marking of page numbers was done manually within a PDF editor. As soon as I reprint the PDF, all the bookmarking disappears, so I have to do it all again!

For this reason I will delay changing the colours until the next 'edition' of the Reference!

Phil