General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By PhilTilson
#55928 You're quite right Luc! I assume you are referring to the inclusion of the {} brackets?

I took this directly from the on-line documentation, but it is inconsistent with the way I have treated other functions. I'll amend in the next issue!

Please don't worry about bringing such things to my attention - Many of the commands are completely unfamiliar to me, so it would be surprising if there aren't some more cock-ups in there!

Phil
By Luc Volders
#55945 Hi Phil,

No I was not referring to the brackets as I do not think that is an overall problem.
I was referring to the dot in the name of the function.

I copied this from the PDF file page 57:

NEO.SETUP():
Will configure the output pin to one other than the default.
neosetup({new_pin_no})

So the name of the function says NEO.SETUP(): and the function itself says neosetup see how the dot in the function has dissappeared.

Thanks for all your effort.

Luc
By PhilTilson
#56543 Sorry Luc - have been abroad for a couple of weeks and am currently suffering a horrendous cold - I feel like death!

So things have lapsed a bit recently. Strange how the brain skips over errors when it knows what should be there! I have amended the errors in my master copy and once I get back to UK (in a week or so) I will update with as much new data as I can find.

Phil
By Luc Volders
#56989 Hey Phil,

Thanks for your work !!!

Some suggestions.

Is it possible to have a link to the manuals as a first post in this subject. People then do not have to search for the link to the manual.........
Or maybe a link on Mikes EspBasic page

I just posted a message in the bugs section about naming the I/O pins.
You can adress the i/o pins with names D1 to D8.
However on a NodeMCU there are also 2 variables called D9 and D10 which are called in ESP-Basic TX and RX.
maybe a subject for the manual to give a bit more detail on naming the I/O pins.

Luc