General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#54572 I have no objection. You will note that at thee top of the google doc for the help file the MIT licence witch reads as follows.

It clearly states that
Code: Select allPermission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software,

I selected the MIT licence in order to ensure that people can use the software as they see fit. Modify it as you see fit. This licence applies to the documentation. Simply make it clear that the licence still applies and note that it has been modded by your self like i have given credits to the developers who submitted significant changes to esp basic.

Code: Select allThe MIT License (MIT)

Copyright (c) 2015 Michael Molinari

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
SOFTWARE.

Onewire tempture sensor code contributed by Rotohammer.

Significant speed improvements submitted by cicciocb
Uploading of bas files improvement added by cicciocb
JSON parsing routine added by cicciocb
By PhilTilson
#54695 Well, for better or worse, here are the files!

The .pdf file is probably the most convenient but I have included the Word document so that people who wish to make their own amendments may do so.

As I said in an earlier post, there are certain things that I didn't fully understand, so I made assumptions. These may be wrong! Please feel free to comment and let me know of any inaccuracies and I will be happy to update these files from time to time.

Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Mmiscool
#54710 Thanks. That looks really nice. I have been doing the documentation in google docs but they removed the page number index feature years agoe. It really dose look nice thoug.
By forlotto
#54716 Interesting C++ functions ...

The only thing I would love to see in this guide is more examples for real world uses of the information.

- Function Name
- Function Operation / Definition
- Function Syntax
- Function Use In A Piece Of Code with comments

To me this would be most excellent. Which you have done in many instances in this doc. I like the explanations about spacing and other syntax examples this is where stuff hits home for many folks.

Some solid examples of arrays and json are lacking as well as other functions since the inception of 3.x but in a perfect world I suppose.

Not trying to discount anything here it is a beautiful addition and I thank you very much for it! Between mmiscools docs, driving lessons from Electrogaurd and the forums, and this we have a pretty polished amount of documentation it is obvious that we all want to share this knowledge and get folks involved!

Documentation is an important part of this you covered some things that were missing from the documentation which is great and needed as it is all useful information to come to the best possible solution.

I thank you for keeping your word and following through as well. Good Job well done!