General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#60240 Check it out I just came across this bad dog first time for me wonder how long its been available?

ESP32 DEV BOARD
By gdsports
#60243 The SparkFun ESP32 board has been available for a month or more. But these early ESP32 boards are mostly for developers working to port Arduino, Espruino, etc. Or for developers comfortable working with the Espressif SDK. The Arduino IDE for ESP32 is not ready yet. See the comments and reviews sections on the product page for user experience so far.

Lots more ESP32 information on esp32.net.
By forlotto
#60247 Interesting although I must say my original post reminds me a bit more of the nodemcu setup so to speak which is kind of a preference of mine it is also shielded I am kind of curious if there is FCC certification with it or not though or if there are plans it would be nice. After reading the reviews at sparkfun I'd say we have about a month of sunday's before we start seeing some good development and more practical methods of usage of these devices but who knows I may just order one anyways here in the near future for now it is kind of hard to compete with the esp8266 for price and performance standpoints. It is about a year or so off the mark maybe a little more little less depending on how things move along.

Either way it is good news but if we must press a reset button to run a program this is where things are going to go south. Main use cases are automation as soon as you require more user interaction you are taking away from the purpose of the device from my point of view.

There may be another way though that people are just missing or something that could be implemented in firmware IDK but either way I am sure something will come out of it good even if it is a lesson for the company or an improved version.

Thanks for sharing!