General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By euclas@gmail.com
#63498 From what I understand the ESP8266 is a server that answers Web requests via WiFi, correct?
So in Browser happens all the front end part and in the ESP will run the program to be interpreted.
Well, would it be possible to modify the sources in order to generate in the Browser a different interface for programming?
Would it be possible to send HTML, CSS and Javascript content (and maybe other libraries linked to Javascript) to the browser to be scanned into it? And so, generate sources based on other forms of action (Unlike a text editor)?
An example: http://snap.berkeley.edu/snapsource/snap.html
So, programming, using blocks?
I have a project to do it, to teach programming and robotics for children, I believe that this format is more seductive and pleasant for them to be more interested.
What is your opinion about this?
Thank you.
Euclides.
Brazil.
By Mmiscool
#63500 I had considered this and looked at googles blocky environment. It looks like that requires about 17 megs of js code wich is larger than what the esp could self host.

I would be possible to host these things on a seever on the internet but that would make it inacessable when the device is in ap mode.

On a side note javascript and lua are suported as outputs from googles blocky and would require blocks to be created only for esp specific functionality.

The effort to undertake such a project would not be trivial but is also not imposible.
By euclas@gmail.com
#63690 Hello MMiscool.
It would be possible to create a device in SNAP! That from the block used, generate the source in BASIC? When you click a button ("RUN!"), Would you generate the source and transfer it to ESP8266Basic, using a protocol that would emulate the interactive programming that is normally done by the text editor? So, would everything be on a normal Internet server and only trigger the ESP8266 when transferring the source to it? And in the end, of course, trigger the RUN, transparent, for the program to run on ESP8266?
I think this would reduce the need for memory, since everything would be on the web and the microcomputer where you are "dragging" and configuring the blocks? Going to the ESP8266Basic only a normal BASIC code and not the information related to the blocks themselves?
This is what you are. Explained earlier?

I believe the SNAP! It is better adapted to this need than SCRATCH because it is in Java (SCRATCH, if I am not mistaken, it is in MODULA-2, therefore with less professionals in the market, at least here in Brazil ... where I live).
Thank you for your attention.
By Mmiscool
#63691 Blocky might be a better option.

https://developers.google.com/blockly/

It is 100% java script.