General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Tom espbasic Sisk
#63893 A real noob here, just using espbasic for a couple of months. Really like the support for Basic and the browser interface!

When I use the "File Manager", there is an option to "Delete", which I expected to allow me to clean off old files from the chip. (a HUZZAH). When I highlight a file and click Delete, nothing seems to happen and the file still appears in the File Manager list.

Also, when I edit files, say add new lines, then Save, the file seems to just append a full copy of the addition to whatever was there before. After two or three edits, the file spans several pages on the screen. Is this using up memory on the chip? If I manually erase the extra lines, everything seems to be OK.

Cheers,
Tom
By Electroguard
#63946 If you are unable to correctly save an edited file it sounds suspiciously like your Esp_Basic may have been corrupted, which could also account for File Manager problems, and any other weirdness.
Interpreter corruption can happen for various reasons, including script errors, and overloading.

Whenever you start having baffling problems it doesn't hurt to do a re-format and re-flash to a definitely good clean starting point again... it only takes a jiffy, and you may find the problems have then gone.
By Tom espbasic Sisk
#64047 Have tried re-flashing two different modules ( HUZZAH and standard Expressif 12F) and still can't get the filemanager to delete files.

Also tried using Branch 2.0 and Branch 3 on both modules with no difference in operation.

I guess the work-around is to just reflash when I want to clean up the files on the module.

Cheers,