General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By heckler
#63958 Phil,
I am not sure what version of PBP I have as I have not installed it on my new Win10 PC yet. But I am sure it is version 3.x. as my printed manual says PBP3

In my PBP manual, for both I2CREAD and I2CWRITE, the first paragraph under the command descriptor, it says...
"Send Control and optional Address bytes..."

does yours not say this as well?

Do you have to use I2C?
Have you considered using serial between the PIC and the ESP module.
I can share code I have used to communicate between an ESP module and a PIC over serial if that would help.

dwight
By ardhuru
heckler wrote:Do you have to use I2C?
Have you considered using serial between the PIC and the ESP module.
dwight

I agree. I too have been a long time user of PBP and now, ESP8266Basic. This makes sense, since you have only slave in your project.

Actually, even if you have multiple, one could still use the uart; transmission from the master to multiple slaves can happen in parallel, and for transmission by a slave can be achieved by using open collector outputs, and a rudimentary addressing system.

I'd put up this technique on the PBP forum a couple of years back. In fact, I was using the same wire for half duplex between a master and a number of slaves. If you guys are interested, I could try and locate that thread on PBP.

Regards,

Anand
By PhilTilson
#64064 Ah - I think we may be talking about different PICbasics! I suspect yours is the ME Labs version. Mine is a PICbasic compiler developed by Vladimir Soso. Hence the confusion!

Yes, I have decided to use straightforward UART transmission between the processors. There's not a huge amount of data and they're on the same board, so it's not a problem.

Cheers, anyway!