General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By flywire
#61302 Win7
AT-based firmware detected.
AT+GMR
AT version:1.3.0.0(Jul 14 2016 18:54:01)
SDK version:2.0.0(656edbf)
compile time:Jul 19 2016 18:44:44
OK

http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6732#p34663
forlotto wrote: ...
NodeMCU/Basic Wifi Dev Board guide for MMISCOOL Basic IDE

If you have a nodemcu read the following flashing steps.
FLASH THE NODE MCU WITH BASIC FIRMWARE:
Download the Basic Flasher Utility Latest Version: http://www.esp8266basic.com/download.html
Open the utility
Set your Com Port
Select 4MB Flash
He makes it so easy now in version 3.17 you just hook up your nodemcu or espbasicdevkit and hit flash firmware button in the software and viola instantly starts flashing no holding down buttons or fumbling around just hit flash firmware and go!

With LoLin NodeMCU V3 Dev Board I get:
error: Failed to open COM5
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

Edit:
I noticed Build\4M\ESP8266Basic.cpp.bin file in the installation so I just flashed that with ESP8266Flasher. Seems to have worked.
By flywire
#61305 The ESP Basic Server connected when I installed it becasue the page was still in my PC browser. After I cycled the power it is seems to have disappeared and won't reconnect.

I tried on my Win8 phone but I can't browse to 192.168.4.1. I reset my phone wifi to connect to my ESP Server and I can browse to it but then I don't have access to the web through my router.

What do I have to do?

I tried unsucessfuly to add a new network under Win7.

As I understand it the first 3 sets of numbers in the IP address are the Network prefix and the last one is the host part unique to each device. Do I need to make sure that the Network prefix is the same for my router and the ESP Server? If so then I'd like some more details on the Settings page.
By forlotto
#61336 Could be you need to remove power and forget connections on all devices your devices this way you don't try to autoconnect to it from all of your devices because this seems to be standard procedure for all wifi. Be aware of this. Give it plenty of time a couple of minutes to get back on the list while scanning.

Other things to try:

Try to flash again with previous version of firmware.

Then preform OTA update this way if something is being missed it will be fixed VIA OTA
By flywire
forlotto wrote:Could be you need to remove power and forget connections on all devices your devices this way you don't try to autoconnect to it from all of your devices because this seems to be standard procedure for all wifi. Be aware of this. Give it plenty of time a couple of minutes to get back on the list while scanning.
I appreciate your advice but I've tried that without success.

The big issue is what MS has done in Win7 with network connections. My Linksys router is 192.168.15.1 and I have one wifi NIC in my computer. I am fairly sure that I need to get the Esp onto 192.168.15.NN IP addresses so that I can connect to it but I don't understand the setting screen. (I have no passwords on my routers.) I assume that I need this for both the Station and the AP. What are the fields in the Settings page?

Image Image does not display - Click link here

Alternatively I'd be happy for advice on how to configure my Linksys WRTP54g Router (Manual here) which is setup with defaults except for admin access and a connection to the modem.