General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#34664 Would like to add this to the getting started guide for NodeMCU users.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6732
By Mmiscool
#34668 Thanks. That was a nice guide.

There have bee some other people contributing to the development which I am very thankful for.

matherp helped getting generic i2c suport added.
Rotohammer got 1 wire sensors and an i2c LCD display working.

And thank you for that node MCU board you sent me. Makes developing and debugging much quicker.
By forlotto
#34726 No need... A developer does better with the proper tools at his disposal I'm sure there are a few other things you could use as well.

If we don't have the brains to do the dev work we can chip in wherever it is possible. I am far from a good programmer let alone a great one I know what I need to take a month coming up with something simplistic for most lol! Just the way it works I suppose.

Anyhow you should be thanked not me I deserve no credit and expect none just an ordinary avg guy heh who works in an electronics shop :P Most of my knowledge is figured out from reading and many failures the more I learn the more I learn I just don't know.

Take Care bud. Many Thanks!
By roboticboyer
#35178 Installation under Linux

This mini installation guide is a replace of http://www.esp8266basic.com/flashing-instructions.html in the part related to Window ESP_Basic_Flasher.exe

Download the firmware for your ESP
https://github.com/esp8266/Basic/tree/master/Flasher/Build

Save the ESP8266Basic.cpp.bin inside a folder
Code: Select all /home/[user folder]/[path to bin folder]/

It's required to have the Arduino Ide 1.6.5 with the ESP extension

From the linux terminal:
Code: Select all/home/[user folder]/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/esptool/0.4.5/esptool -vv -cd ck -cb 115200 -cp /dev/ttyUSB0 -ca 0x00000 -cf /home/[user folder]/[path to bin folder]/ESP8266Basic.cpp.bin

Now the Basic Firmware is uploaded

Gio