General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By ilc
#44160 Hello, and thanks in advance for any advice.

I haven't been able to get ESP8266BASIC running on my nodeMCU v1 module because every time I flash it knocks out wifi.

For example, I can flash nodeMCU and set up AP, STA, and APSTA (both), see them with Fing or a wifi scanner, and log into the AP. When I flash BASIC, I lose wifi. If I flash back to nodeMCU, wifi comes back with all the original settings are there. Also, strangely, if I do a format flash wifi comes back.

I am using the 4M images, and all flashes are reported as successful, although I have noticed the bytes reported to be less with the format flash.

I have spent quit e a bit of time flashing back and forth without success, and thought it was time to ask the community for help. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Ian Cameron.
By ilc
#44219 Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I followed the instructions, and also those specific to the nodeMCU at viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6732

It's not the lua setup that is the problem, but the fact that there is no wifi at all, despite indications of a successful flash. Also, as I mentioned, if I then do a format flash, wifi returns with the previous setup.

I did see someone mention flashing the original AT software often "resuscitates" their ESP, so I will try that, but am open to any suggestions.

Thanks again,

Ian.