General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Electroguard
#45306 Is there a main entry point for error-handling?
If so, could you create a 'shut-up' command for debugging, which if read in the script, could set a flag so that error-handling could be by-passed in favour of a quick program dropout with just a simple "Error" msg despite whatever the cause (and perhaps including the last parsed line number if that is possible). At least that could show if it was the error-handing that was causing the problems.
It might also be worth considering if a 'single-step' feature was possible, because it could certainly help for debugging some of the more obscure errors, and it may allow some of the error-handling to even be reduced.
By cicciocb
#45313 Unfortunately it's not so easy.
If you look through the forum, the crash is nearly the first topic in absolute.
As the ESP runs a pseudo "multi-task" OS, the crashes can come from the application or from the framework.
It's really very complicate to debug and catch the errors.
Anyway, in our case we know where some problems come from so we can try to fix them.
By Electroguard
#45314 Ok. Well the good news is that it's not as bad as first thought anyway, because I have been editing and saving scripts without any led activity and the saves do appear to be actually updating the beastie. In fact I've been able to progress my usp program using Alpha 9 to the point where I can now tell it to blink out the last digits of the address (which I've been stuck on for ages cos of the len() problem). Which proves it is certainly useful even if a bit sensitive at the mo.