General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By cicciocb
#47004 I would say a big thanks to Electroguard for his driving lessons.
Very useful, I'm sure that all people will appreciate.

Thanks also to Forlotto for his Beginner's Guide.

Thanks again,

CiccioCB
By ilc
#47025 I would also like to say thanks to to Electroguard for the driving lessons. They answered a number of questions I was wondering about, and also taught me a great deal about how things work behind the code, with their attendant traps and tricks. It needs to be made "sticky."

Also thanks to all the other good folk that are making ESPBasic happen, including Cicciocb, Forlotto, and of course Mmiscool. Plus there are many others that help with bits of advice, answering questions, finding bugs, and suggesting improvements. I can't believe how responsive the devs are with fixing bugs, writing docs (ugghhh!) and adding new functionality.

It is very exciting to be along for the ride. Who knows where ESPBasic will be in a year or two? (ESP32 anyone?) It may be (or should be) the "go to" solution for learners, beginners, hobbyists and nerds wanting to get into microprocessors. It's all just so easy!

To all involved, I salute you!
By forlotto
#47069 Not a problem I think the devs deserved what help I could provide. When I started off basic was still being polished I seen such potential in what mmiscool was trying to bring to the community. I did what I could to help things along in hopes that things could progress quicker by giving people the tools to transition from other esp based stuff into Basic. I seen basic as a visionary concept. The improvements from mmiscool were radical as time went on I kicked around ideas on fixing things here and there not that all of my ideas or assumptions were the best or even correct ... but, it helped me learn and improved basic in the process. Then things kind of slowed up a little and mmiscool got involved a bit in the maker space knowing he would have less time for basic I thought progression would likely slow but I kept faith that things would improve and as luck would have it we inherited quite a few good members over this time all sharing their projects and contributing to examples and growth and also we inherited another developer which greatly has been improving functionality of basic as well as many other smart folks helping to stomp out any issues.

To all involved I deserve not thanks this guide from the start as mentioned has all been out of gratuity for espbasic instead consider it a thanks from me for all of your participation in helping grow this community.

You guys are awesome and I thank everyone who shares in this thing we all call espbasic!!!

To The Moon!

-forlotto